Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting Back Up, X: Fire, and the Regreening of the Heart

So now, my heart is aflame, my mind is incandescent, my body is vibrating. I mean, I feel like anyone does—I’m just a person being human in the way we all are. But the difference between that feeling of baseline humanity and the feeling of the depth of severe, chronic depression is a drop that beggars perception. And being back nearer to baseline feels like some form of magic. And if the difference between Hell and Earth is perceptual, how much more so the difference between Earth and Heaven. So here I am, aflame. Why? The only answer I can give is, “Because I’m tired of running and I’m angry.” Why am I angry? Because my entire psychological and emotional reframing finally matured enough in my gut and my power was ready to shoot up out of my head. What finally caused that to happen? Luck. Or call it Fate. Or Providence. Or say rather that it was time for it to happen, so it had to. That’s the anchor. Thank you, Universe. I look forward to you knocking me on my face tomorrow.

Of course, the process isn’t over. I have so much left to do. Of course I do, right? We all do. You can tell if you have more to do by putting two fingers along the inside of your wrist. You have a pulse; you have more to do. Thank the powers that be for that, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment